Theelance are encouraged to verify their identity to market themselves to potential employers as trusted members of our Theealnce.com community. Users that verify their identity also benefit by receiving faster processing of their payments and faster resolution of account issues and disputes.
Verification may be completed by users at any time, but theelance.com may also request users to verify their identity to uphold our Terms and Conditions.
To become theealnce.com Verified, we require you to provide the following documents:
- (1) Proof of identity – a colored scan of a valid government-issued photo ID such as your passport, driving license, national ID, etc.
- (1) Proof of address – a colored scan of your recent bank statement, utility bill, income tax return form, another valid government-issued photo ID with your name and address (aside from the one you have used as your Proof of identity), etc.
To verify your identity, follow these steps:
- Ensure that your account details email us required Documents).
Step 1 – Proof of identity
- Confirm your full name and date of birth and send a colored scan of your current government-issued photo ID (see accepted IDs below).
- email your ID issuing country and ID type and input the ID number and expiration date.
Step 3 – Proof of address
- Confirm your complete address including your house number, street name, city, state/province and postal code.
- Send us a colored scan of your proof of residential address document (see accepted documents below).
- Provide the institution’s name written on the document and select the document type and the date it was issued.
- Send us for Review to have our Verification team review your request.
The theelance.com Verification Team will review your request. It can take up to 2-3 business days, and you will be notified when the review process is complete.
Proof of Identity requirements:
- Acceptable Identification Documents:
- Driver’s License
- National ID card
- Tax ID
- Proof of Age ID
- Professional License ID
- State ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Government-issued Health Cards
- Other IDs – as long as it is government-issued and has your name, photo, date of birth, and signature and its date of issue.
- Rules to Remember
- The ID should not be expired.
- The ID must include your name, photo, date of birth and signature and the ID’s date of issue.
- The ID’s details must not be handwritten.
- The ID must not be altered or edited in any way.
- The ID copy should be a colored image scan or colored digital photo with a high-quality resolution. Photocopies and black and white scans/photos are not acceptable.
- Image dimensions must be at least 500 x 300 pixels (minimum).
- If you are submitting an ID card, submit its front and back parts.
- Do not use special characters (i.e. &#@!) in the ID’s filename, so the Verification Team can review the file.
- Submission of a fake ID will result in account closure and may lead to legal actions.
Proof of Address requirements:
- Acceptable Proof of Address Documents:
- Bank Statement (issued within the last 3 months)
- Utility Bills (issued within the last three months)
- Income Tax Return Form (issued within the last year)
- Residence ID/Permit
- Notarized Leasing Agreement/Contract (issued within the last year)
- Passbook (issued within the last year only)
- A valid government-issued ID as long as it has your name, photo, date of birth, and signature and its date of issue, and it is not the same with the ID you submitted as your Proof of Identity
- Rules to Remember
- The document must have your full name and address.
- It must clearly display the issuing authority’s name, address, and phone number.
- It must be a colored scan or colored digital photo. Photocopies and black and white scans/photos are not acceptable.
- If it is an e-bill or e-bank statement, the PDF copy should not be password-protected.
- Do not use special characters (i.e. &#@!) in the document’s filename so the Support Team can review the file.
- Do not crop, adjust image colors, or alter the file in any way.
- Submission of a fake document will result in account closure and may lead to legal actions.